The Women's Center believes that early detection is the way to save lives, and through accessible mammography screenings, it can be done in every community. Breast cancer is the most common cancer among women worldwide and the second-most common cancer overall. In 2014, an estimated 232,030 cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed in the U.S. alone.
So no matter who you are or where you live, understanding breast cancer is important. But the most important thing to know is this: a diagnosis is not a death sentence. Breast cancer can be treated, but early detection is so very important!
The Women's Center provides 2D and 3D mammography and does so with NO long appointment delays. We have designed our mammography screening to make the most technologically advanced equipment available today extraordinarily accessible to women all over Central Florida!
Signs and Symptoms of Breast Cancer
- Nipple changes
- A breast lump or thickening that feels different from surrounding tissue
- Bloody discharge from the nipple
- Change in the size or shape of your breasts
- Changes in the skin over the breast, such as dimpling
- Inverted nipple
- Peeling, scaling or flaking of the nipple or breast skin
- Sores on the chest wall that won’t go away
- Redness or pitting of the skin over the breast; may resemble an orange peel
- Persistent pain or tenderness in a specific location of the breast
- Lump or thickening of tissue under the arm or collarbone
- Breast swelling.
No symptoms? You should still screen anyway